A popular advice for staying healthy is to drink lots of water. While we spent most of our time trying to make our drinking water purer, we seem to neglect everything about water temperature.
If you think that water temperature is not important, you could be wrong. Warm and cold water do have their benefits regarding staying healthy. However, the question is – when should we take warm water or cold water. To explain this, we’d be discussing the most appropriate time for drinking cold or warm water; and their benefits.
The Advantages of consuming warm water:
• Enhances digestion – based on an old Chinese medicine, you are advised to take one glass of warm water in the early hours of the morning. It helps to activate your digestive system, preventing indigestion. It equally stimulates the flow of blood to the intestine, preventing against constipation.
• Detoxification – are you aware that warm water can free your body from dangerous and harmful substances? It doesn’t only reduce the body pitta, but it equally prevents against acne and some other skin disorders. To grasp its effectiveness, squeeze out half slice of lemon and put into water. Drink it daily.
• Reduces nasal congestion – only few people know that warm water can help people with throat or nasal congestion. It functions like a normal expectorant by removing phlegm from the respiratory tract.
The advantages of drinking cold water:
• Reduces body temperature –consuming cold water as you exercise helps to prevent your body from getting overheated. This is because consuming cold water aids your body in maintaining a reduced body temperature.
• For combating heat stroke – consuming cold water within summer is of great significance to your health. When it is summer, your body finds it easier to absorb cold water. As such, consuming one glass of cold water eases your body and reduces the possibility of having heat stroke.
• Enhances weight loss – the principle behind weight loss is boosting your metabolism which causes more calorie to be burnt. Based on Research, consuming cold water and cold water bath enhances your metabolism.
When are you to stay away from cold or warm water?
Although both cold and warm water do have their benefits, you are meant to observe some strict rules.
• Don’t drink warm water immediately after an exercise session or when you return home from a hot day. That is because your body temp is high after workouts. Because the temperature of your body is already high, consuming warm water may likely harm you.
• Don’t consume cold water immediately you finish eating. Whenever you consume cold water, your body requires extra energy and time to ensure proper digestion. A slowdown in digestion can equally result in indigestion.
Now you can optimize your state of health by simply knowing when to take warm or cold water.
Thanks for Reading the article.