If You See This Plant, Whatever You Do, Do NOT Touch It!
wants to know why?
The plant is called giant hogweed and it is part of the Carrot family.
It can grow up to 14 feet tall loaded with deadly toxic sap!
The Department of Environmental Conservation reports that giant hogweed can be found in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland, Oregon, Washington, Michigan, Virginia, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
It possesses pretty white flowers which can be quite alluring,
For that reason, you must not touch it.
especially Kids are in danger because of their curiosity.
That would be a mistake.
How big of a mistake?
Results like this can be attained without even eating the thing;
merely by touching the plant, people can find themselves with nasty blisters like the ones on this poor kid’s hands.
so, What if I accidentally touch giant hogweed?
Symptoms of coming into contact with giant hogweed include painful blisters forming within 48 hours, scars and blindness.
If you suspect you have come into contact with the plant,
wash the area with soap and cold water immediately.
Keep the area away from sunlight for 48 hours and get to a physician if possible.
If Hogweed sap gets into the eye, rinse them with water immediately and put on sunglasses.
#How to report giant hogweed:
If you come across a plant that looks like giant hogweed,
please report it to the EPA hotline at 1-800-424-8802.
DO NOT attempt to remove the plant yourself.